Saturday, February 16, 2019

New Day Awakens


Verse of the day
Psalms 37:5 - Commit everything you do to the Lord . Trust him, and he will help you.

Commitments are something to take seriously. They involve honesty and trust. When we commit to the Lord, we must do so with a sincere heart.

When we need the Lord's help, do we ask Him to help in just a small part of our lives or do we want him for everything? God wants our whole life, not just part of it.

He wants us to trust Him completely. He wants us to commit everything. When we come to God, we need to ask God for His will to be done in our lives. Not our own.

God has an everlasting amount of resources. So it's easy to just ask for what we want, to help us in own way and leave God out of the rest of our lives.

But in order to receive His blessings or help, we need to trust God. With our whole life.

It can be downright scary to hand off the reins to God. Where will He take me? How will I get there? Who will I become? What will I do?

If we commit everything to God and trust Him, He will answer all of these questions and not lead us into temptation and destruction but give us a life of blessings and abundance.

Yes, difficult times will always be with us throughout life. We can tackle these times alone or have God walking along with us, guiding our every step. Which way will you decide?

Heavenly Father, You are so great and powerful, yet you still want to be part of my life. Thank you for your guidance, help and blessings. Today, I commit everything to you. My thoughts, my actions, my dreams and my struggles. Please act and help me in my life. Protect and guide me to your will.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...