Sunday, February 17, 2019

Jubilee Park Sunrise


Verse of the day
Hebrews 11:6 - And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Faith is probably the hardest aspect of the Christian life. The disciples also struggled with faith, even in the presence of Jesus. Peter struggled when walking on the water toward Jesus (Matthew 14:22). The disciples still struggled with their faith when Jesus fed the 4,000, after he had already fed the 5,000 (Mark 8:16). Or even doubting Thomas couldn't believe it was really Jesus after he resurrected until he saw the nail marks (John 20:24).

It's sometimes hard to trust or believe in someone we cannot see. Especially when we go through difficult times. Perhaps we're struggling with health, or the loss of a loved one, or food to eat or with no job. Whatever we struggle with, it can be difficult to raise our hands in the air to praise God and just trust that God will look after us.

Sometimes we do feel alone. Abandoned. Left to our own devices. Where then is our faith? We may wonder if He really hears our prayers. Some may wonder at our lowest points if He is even real. Does God exist? If so, what kind of God lets us fall down in despair.

Well I can say through my experience that God is with us. I have fallen and failed many times. I've never had a broken bone in my body but I have been broken more times than I remember. And when I look back God has been with me every step I took.

In those darkest times, we need to push forward. We need to rely on our faith and God's promises. It is what pleases God and what will bring about our rewards.

How great is our faith in times we have plenty? We may give God thanks, but I've also seen those praises whither away. When we struggle we show God just how much we need Him. God always provides everything we need. Let us not forget how much His love is for us.

Heavenly Father, I struggle at times believing things will get better when I go through difficult moments in my life. But I know you love me and want the very best for me. Forgive me when my faith falters. Renew my heart with the hope of your return and may I trust in your love that you continually pour out each day. Thank you for your faithful provisions.

In Jesus' name,

Amen. 

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...