Monday, January 14, 2019

By-the-Lake Park



Scripture of the day
Lamentations 3:22‭-‬23 - The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

If I have a choice between hymns and contemporary Christian music, I'll always take hymns. I'm not sure if it's because I grew up singing those in church or because of the humble beginnings that most often these hymns were written in.

One of my favourite hymns is "Great Is Thy Faithfulness". Knowing each day is a new day and that God's faithful love and mercy reach out to me gives me peace to start the day.

I know the stresses in life can sometimes overtake us. We can feel overwhelmed and at times helpless. There are obstacles that we feel we simply cannot budge or mountains too high to climb.

But God is with us every step we take. He will carry us when we are too weak and He will lift us if we can't reach the next rung on the ladder of life. 

God is faithful. His love endures forever and His mercies begin afresh each morning. That is God's promise I will keep close to my heart each day.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...