Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Encourage One Another

 


Verse of the day

Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25

I'd be lying if I said I didn't worry. In fact I believe everyone worries at some point in their life. I'm not a big worrier but from time to time, I fall and need to be lifted up again.

When we worry, we often lose touch of who we are in God's Kingdom and we lose focus on His ways and his perfect plan for our lives. When I say perfect plan, I don't mean we get whatever we want. After all our lives are to be lived to glorify Christ - not ourselves. It's these simple reminders that can lift us out of a funk.

The body of Christ is called to do just that. Help others who are down. A simple word of encouragement can lift a brother or sister's spirit. We may not be able to ever solve the problem but encouragement goes a long way.

Much of the time it is just being around one another and lending an ear. If I know I'm not alone in this world, then my problems are not insurmountable. If I hear encouraging words or words of love and caring, many times that will drive out despair. 

Let us all be in unity with one another, lifting each other up.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the beauty that surrounds us. Thank you for the beautiful sunrise this morning. And thank you that you gave me a voice to speak to others in love and with encouragement. And may we all do this for your glory Lord.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...