Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sunset Under Golden Jubilee Park


Scripture of the day
James 1:5 - If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

Sometimes we think we are smarter and wiser than God. We do our own thing without thinking about the consequences or how it affects others.

When I look back at my life I see all of the foolish things I did in my life. Mistakes that not only hurt me and others but also led me away from a more blessed life with God.

In order to avoid many of the pitfalls in life we need to recognize at few truths.

1) All wisdom comes from God (Proverbs 2:6) Mankind thinks they are wise but that wisdom comes from God.

2) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10) Unless there is a healthy fear of God, you will not humble yourself to listen to Him. You will choose your own path that most often will lead to self-desruction.

3) If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. (James 1:5) All we need when we are in difficult situations is to humbly ask God for his wisdom. He will not turn us away but rather generously give us the right course of action.

God loves every one of us and wants the very best things for us. He doesn't want harm to come our way but rather for us to succeed in life. We just need to listen and act on God's wisdom. His plans for our life is based on His wisdom.

Let us look in Jeremiah 29:11 at God's promise for our lives when He says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...