Friday, January 11, 2019

Camrose Railway Museum


Scripture of the day
Jeremiah 17:7 - But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.

When times in life get difficult, I have two options: I can either put my hope and confidence in God or I can choose my own path based on my own understanding.


The latter is often not comforting and can lead to more trouble and heartache. But when you set your eyes on Jesus, miraculous things will happen.

When we used to live by a lake, we would often take our daughter down so she could swim or splash around. The water was clear and the sand was fine. But there were spots in certain areas where the sand would build up just under the top of the water.

"Look dad," my daughter would exclaim, "I'm walking on water!" And sure enough it DID look like she was actually walking on water when in reality it was just on the sand beneath the water.

I remember in Matthew 14:22-33 when Jesus walked on water and the called out Peter to join him. As Peter climbed out of the boat and onto the wavy water he locked his eyes on Jesus. Peter was walking on water toward Jesus. It was only when he started to hear the wind and look at the waves he began to sink.

"Lord save me!" Peter cried out. Jesus reached out his hand and grabbed Peter and asked, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

Let us be reminded of what happens when we lose focus and try to live life by ourselves. When our eyes are upon Jesus, when our hope and confidence is in the Lord and when we truly trust God we will be blessed.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...