Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Beautiful Sunrise


Scripture of the day
1 John 5:14 - And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.

There are times when I pray that I feel like God's not listening. I'll pray for healing for someone or a job and hear nothing. Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months. Still nothing.

So I start to think, am I praying for the right thing? Do I have enough faith? Is God even hearing my prayers?

When I pray, I have to check my motives. I have to ask myself these questions: Am I praying for God's will or my selfish desires? Will this please God or are my prayers only to please me? Am I praying with all my heart or just muttering words under my breath? Am I thankful in life through the difficult times or bitter?

The Bible assures us that God indeed hears our prayers when what we ask pleases him. We are also to pray with thanksgiving in our hearts (Philippians 4:6), to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) and to pray believing we have received what we prayed for (John 14:13).

We know God loves us. He is faithful and generous. He wants the very best for us and wants us to follow His will. May we humbly pray to our Father all of our requests in Jesus name and believe our prayers will be heard and answered in His time according to His will.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...