Monday, January 28, 2019

Camrose Ski Trail


Scripture of the day
Philippians 2:12 - Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

The Christian life is one that is continuously growing and maturing. Making the decision to have Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives is only the first step. What comes next is a life of hard work.

It's one thing to say we are Christians but we really need to live a life that follows the example of Jesus. One of sacrifice, love, forgiveness, obedience, perseverance and integrity. We must do all of these things in the face of persecution, loneliness while battling temptations and distractions.

So how can we live a life like this when the world is against us? It looks overwhelmingly impossible. But God is with us through it all if we rely on Him. And He will not give us more than we can handle.

Philippeans 4:13 - For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

Jesus knows exactly what we are facing. And He wants to be right there with us. Our faith grows when we walk WITH the Lord.

We must also have reverence and a healthy fear of God. He created us, gives us wisdom and provides everything we need to live. As Lord of our lives He is the King of Kings.

One day will come when everyone will show God reverence and whether they believe it or not, they will also confess that Jesus is Lord.

Philippians 2:10-11 - ...that the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Heavenly Father, may I humbly give you the reverence that you deserve. May I fearfully acknowledge the power and wisdom you have over the universe. Forgive me for taking you for granted at times. I know this life isn't always easy but I need to work hard at being a Christian. Thank you for walking with me throughout the good moments and the troubling times. And thank you for all of your blessings you pour out to me each day.


In Jesus name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...