Sunday, January 27, 2019

Let the Melting Begin















Scripture of the day
Colossians 3:16 - Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.

Receiving the message of Jesus Christ can come in many different forms. It can come through sermons, testimonials, formal teaching, reading God's word and music to name a few.

We are all different and respond differently to how we learn. For example, if my wife and I are listening to the radio, I prefer to listen to sermons all day while my wife much more prefers listening to worship music. We both receive the message of Christ, but in different ways.

But we shouldn't limit ourselves to only a certain way of receiving God's message as we could miss out in opportunities to fellowship and experiencing Jesus Christ. Even though I prefer sermons, I need to be open to experiencing God through music, nature, etc.

Allowing the Holy Spirit to guide our lives will also help us understand God's wisdom and live a life fruitful for Christ.

John 14:26 - But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Galatians 5:22‭-‬25 - But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.

Heavenly Father, please let your Holy Spirit guide my life. May I be aware when you speak to my heart. Whether in a sermon or song or in everyday moments may I look for you and find you and your truths. Lord, pour out your wisdom so that I may live a righteous life pleasing to you.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...