Sunday, January 20, 2019

Roadside Sunrise


Scripture of the day
Genesis 1:27 - So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

When I imagine what God looks like, many images came to mind. I've thought of God as this powerful bright entity. So powerful and bright that no man could recognize his face.

And then I think of Jesus, a humble man that walked this Earth. He was fully man, yet fully God. Something I can't always 100% comprehend.

In a day where our society keeps adding more and more genders, it's refreshing to look to the Bible to see that God only made two genders: male and female. And those two genders are from the very image of God.

Through God's creation, making us male and female we are able to be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 9:7). God gave Adam a helper, Eve, as man was not created to be alone.

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (Genesis 2:18)

Eve was sent as a suitable companion for Adam. Eve was suitable for a few reasons:

1) Eve was female and also in the image of God

2) Eve was suitable as a helper and companion

3) Eve was to represent the counterpart of a suitable union of God's creation. (Man and Woman)

Mankind could only increase in number with a female. This was by God's design.

May we always remember where we come from and how we were intended to live. We were created from the wonderful image of God.

God's creation is good and with purpose. Both men and women should celebrate who they are. No one is an accident or mistake. God knew us before we were born; He knit us in our mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13)

Thank you Lord for my life. You've created me with love and purpose. May I live out my life with gratitude and love to you, our wonderful Creator.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...