Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bitter Cold


Scripture of the day
Galatians 5:24 - Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

I would be lying if I said I was a perfect Christian. In fact, I struggle daily with impure thoughts, blurting out something inappropriate or just being plain selfish or greedy.

I wish I could say that at the moment I became a Christian, I simply asked for forgiveness, nailed my passions and desires on the cross, and never had to deal with sin again.

Perhaps that's what some Christians have experienced, but that's not me. For me, it's a daily grind, a battle that tires me out at times but one I know I can be victorious.

I've been to many churches and sin still follows. I've cried out to God at various times which He has comforted me as the devil was close by watching me struggle. I even went to Bible school but that didn't solve all my problems, but left there with more questions than answers.

Life will never be perfect until we are with Jesus. Temptation and trials will all be a part of life until death. There will be times we succeed in overcoming a sin where we truly nail it to the cross and crucify it. Sometimes it's easy to turn away. Other sins take longer, some years of struggle.

I truly believe in this verse, For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

We must turn away from our sins. And through Jesus Christ, who gives us strength, we can be victorious over any sin.

The greatest obstacle I've encountered when trying to stop sinning, is letting go of this world. You will never have self-control when you have one foot in this world and one with Jesus. Divided we fall, united we stand.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for sending us your son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins and that he rose victoriously after three days. Give me the strength to let go of my life, so that I may be victorious over my sins. May I nail those sins to the cross and crucify them there. I pray this in the name of Jesus. 

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...