Monday, February 11, 2019

The Hazy Days of Winter


Scripture of the day
Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

As I reflect back at all the things I've created in my life, I can't say I created any masterpieces. Sure there were things that I thought looked pretty cool such as a logo, website, photo, Lego battlecruiser or even a snowman shaped like a dinosaur. But none were a masterpiece.


When I read that God thinks of me as His masterpiece, I am humbled and definitely don't think I could ever measure up to that label. I mean, aren't masterpieces supposed to be perfect, flawless and great? I'm none of those. In fact, if I was creating me, I'd probably take one look, toss me aside and start again.

But thankfully God sees things humans cannot. He sees our heart. He knows what we are capable of doing. He loves us and has great plans for us.

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7

Knowing that God looks at the heart, reassures me that I have a place in His Kingdom. I know I'm not perfect on the outside, and I do mess up from time to time, but if He examined my heart, He would find a genuine love for Jesus.

But I know my heart is not perfect. I have struggles and have a lot to learn. The journey I am on is far from over. As I grow and become more obedient to do the good things he has planned for me, I hope to live up to the name "Masterpiece" one day.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for creating me. Thank you for having plans for me to do good things long ago. Forgive me of my shortcomings as I try to succeed in doing good for you. I pray for wisdom and guidance through your Holy Spirit to be the man you intended me to be.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...