Saturday, January 26, 2019

Winter Scene of the Ukrainian Catholic Church















Scripture of the day
Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.

When I read that verse, I used to think that sometimes God didn't hear my prayers. That if it was just me praying, God wouldn't listen to me.

We know for a fact that he listens to ALL prayers of his followers. But if we reject God he will turn away and won't hear our prayers.

John 9:31 - "We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will."

1 Peter 3:12 - "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

So if we find that God is distant in our lives, that He's not listening to our prayers or can no longer feel His presence, then we must examine ourselves and how we are living.

Are we living in accordance to God's will or are we living our own life. A life of sinful desires. God will let us go on sinning until we decide to come back to Him.

Also God loves us to be in Holy fellowship. Meaning, when we come together as believers, he is present.

We need not to live as Christians alone, but rather seek out fellowship with other believers. That could mean praying with those in church, coworkers, family or even strangers that you meet.

God wants us to live in unity. Unity, by it's definition, is getting along with others not living life by yourself. We need to seize every opportunity to fellowship with other Christians.

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. - Hebrews 10:25

Lord, I want to live in your presence and I need you to hear my prayers. I know the best way for this to happen is to rid my life of sin and to live in your will. Forgive me of my sins, Lord. I repent of every evil thought or deed so I may come into your presence. May I seek out fellowship with other Christians and live in unity through worship and prayer.

In Jesus name,

Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...