Saturday, January 12, 2019

Scenic View of Dried Meat Lake


Scripture of the day
Psalm 130:5 - I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Isn't wonderful to sit in anticipation for a sunrise? That's what I did in the photo above. I drove to this lookout point and eagerly awaited the sun coming up. 

As I waited the cool blue sky started  showing signs of orange, red and gold. And then in a moment, a fiery ball from the heavens started to rise over the horizon. In my mind, the experience was more precious than gold.

Our waiting expectantly on the Lord should also be met with as much eager anticipation and gratefulness. Another version of the Bible uses the words ''counting on" instead of "wait".

We CAN count on the Lord! Just as we wait for the sun to rise, we should have the faith to know we can wait and count on the Lord.

Until that moment God takes us into heaven, there is still work that He is doing in all of us. That means we can all count on Him to work for the good in our lives. 

There may be times we have to wait longer than others. But we can be rest assured, through the hope of His word, that he will look out for our best interests when the time is right.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...