Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Don't Hold On To This Life


Verse of the Day

People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. ~ 1 Peter 1:24

When we start out in life, we have many dreams of achievements, going places, becoming a person with many accomplishments. And for some they will achieve what they set as their goal. But in the end, whatever we have accomplished or acquired will wither away.

Even our youthful beauty is but a glimpse in eternity. It also fades away as we get older. In our latter years, our priorities change. What we strived so hard for in the previous years, are not as important as our loved ones who surround us.

When we became a Christian our old life begins to fade away and we now look forward to an eternal life with Christ. One that doesn't tarnish, wither or fades away but one filled with love for Jesus and others.

It is this love that is eternal. As long as we remain in Christ, that love will never fail. It is eternal and can be experienced in this life and the life after our physical death. Let us focus on that love for Christ and one another.

Heavenly Father,

I thank you for reminding me that the things of this earth are only temporary but a life in you is eternal. While I may see things around me fade away, I do not have to lose hope in an eternal life with you.

May I set my eyes upon you and not lose focus on what is most important in this life...and that is LOVE.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...