Monday, November 16, 2020

Overcoming Hardships


Verse of the Day

Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.
~ James 5:13

Everyone suffers through hardships. I haven't met a person who hasn't gone through a trial or a difficult time in their life. It could be financial problems, health issues, loss of a loved one or any number of things that throw life into chaos.

So what do we do when faced with an overwhelming hardship? Many of us will one of two things. We will go down a self-destructive path or we will seek a more positive outcome.

Those in Christ can be rest assured that we have hope in these very instances. We are not alone in our trials. God is always with us and will never forsake us.

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

We need to pray and cry out to the Lord. We need to seek him in our times of suffering. And as hard as it can be, we also need to praise him in our tough times. We do this to acknowledge that he is all powerful and in control when we give him our lives.

We have hope in Christ when we pray. As we lift up our God in praises, he will lift our spirits up. He will show us healing and perseverance in the darkest hours. Your faith will be renewed and you will have the strength to carry on.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for walking with me when I struggle and feel like nothing else will help. You are all powerful, you are all loving and you care about me. You lift me up when I feel like there is no hope. May I put all my hope in you and sing praises every step of the way.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.
 

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...