Saturday, March 02, 2019

Early Morning Frosted Bales


Verse of the day
Romans 4:7 - Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight.

Sin can take on many different forms. It can come from our actions. And it can come from our thoughts. It is destructive, disobedient and deadly.

It's what separates us from God and, except for Jesus, everyone single one of us sins.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. - Romans 3:23

But the Good News is that through the death and resurrection of Jesus, we can be forgiven of our sins when we ask him. God eagerly awaits us to come to him. By confessing our sins to God, we acknowledge that we are in need of a savior.

Without coming to Jesus, we cannot be saved. Jesus is the ONLY way to God, the Father. No one else can save you from your sin.

Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. - Acts 4:12

Once our sins are forgiven and have given our lives to Jesus, we are no longer a slave to sin. It no longer controls our destiny. Our sins are put out of sight when we are forgiven.

I know personally, the past sometimes creeps up and I am reminded of my sinful past. Sometimes it's my own thoughts that remind me. Sometimes it's others.

Regardless, I have to remember that once my sin is forgiven, I need not be reminded or be forgiven again. It is in the past and I only need to look forward to the future.

The Apostle Paul took that stance when he said,

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, - Philippians 3:13

Past sins can haunt us if we allow them. Don't let them. Let us make every effort to learn from our past sins and move on. We must press on and preserve to the very end.

Heavenly Father, Thank you that you are a loving and forgiving God. You've provided me with a way to be forgiven of my sins through your son, Jesus Christ. Help me to forget the past and look forward to what lies ahead.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...