Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too


Verse of the day
1 John 2:15‭-‬16 - Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.

When I was in high school, I dreamt of owning a Lamborghini Countach. It was love at first sight. I loved the cool design, the speed and the status symbol attached to it.

Looking back, that dream feels foolish and impractical. But being young, we don't always see with wisdom. Even today, I can get sidetracked by nice vehicles, houses, etc. But I know, I need to think on things above, not the things of this world.

I have to think in more realistic, practical ways to live on earth while keeping my focus on Jesus. Soon all this will be gone and none of the material things will even matter.

If we look at today's verse, the true test to see if we love the father is to examine our lives to see if we love the world. What is our main focus in life? What do we strive for? Who do we really serve?

The world is very flashy, entertaining and tries to appeal to all of our senses. It's easy to get tempted or distracted into things that take us away from God.

Let us pause each time a worldly thought or desire pops into our head and ask ourselves, "Does this serve God or me?"

Heavenly Father, I thank you for providing all of my needs. Forgive me for falling for worldly desires. My focus needs to be on serving You and others. Give me strength to resist temptations that will lead me away from you.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...