Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Too Cold For Hockey


Verse of the day
Colossians 3:15 - And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

At times, I struggle with inner peace. I'm not sure exactly why that is. Perhaps it's me struggling with the plank in my eye as I see specks in others or maybe it's seeing evil running rampant in this world and many are embracing it, including our very own governments. Or it could be all of the news I watch.

Whatever it is, sometimes it can be overwhelming. There's some truth to the old saying, "Ignorance is bliss."

On the other hand, we as Christians should not be foolish or unaware of the things that are happening around us and the things to come. We just don't need to be engrossed in them.

Our main focus should be allowing Christ and his peace to dwell in our hearts. We do this by surrendering our minds to heavenly things rather than earthly things. We need to continually live a life of prayer and thanksgiving. Even in the darkest times of our lives, there are things we can give thanks for.

The peace we have inwardly should shine bright for everyone to see. The body of Christ is his believers. His church. We need to spread out peace with other believers in unity and love. We can do this by sharing and carrying each other's burdens.

I see the church today, as I do, struggle with peace. In fact, many smaller churches are struggling with attendance. Some are shutting down programs or even their doors, leaving many searching for other places to worship and fellowship.

We need a reawakening. We need to show our light in the community. We need to show the peace of Christ to those who struggle far worse than us, with things like addiction, depression and hopelessness.

Church cannot be on Sundays only. And the church should not only focus on reaching out to fellow believers (although that is important too). But we need to break the paradigm of Christians going to church to a belief that Christians ARE the church.

Let us spread the peace of Jesus to the world!

Heavenly Father, May I find peace in you. Let me not be consumed with this world but focus on you and the things of heaven. I thank you for your blessings. You have provided me with everything I need. As I live my life in you, give me the strength and opportunities to share your peace with others.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...