Wednesday, February 06, 2019

There is Beauty in the Coldest of Days


Scripture of the day
Matthew 19:26 - Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”

Over the past few years God has really been working in my life. It seems it was an endless struggle after struggle. And it was early on that I realized I could not do this life on my own. In fact, without God, it was downright impossible.


It's only when I started relying on God that I began to see miracles in my life. There were miracles of safety, miracles of provision (money and food) and miracles of peace and contentment, even in the most stressful situations that would cause a normal person to panic.


This is in whole to my relationship with Jesus Christ. Through that relationship God has allowed me to do the impossible. Many mountains have been before me but I was able to climb over each one or the mountain simply moved allowing a clear path.


These mountains, as I've mentioned in a previous post, were family issues, sickness, financial struggles, work issues and now unemployment. However, I no longer fret as I know God has a plan for me and he's been working in my life constantly blessing me through each trial.


Through faith, I trust now instead of panic. I've learned to be still and know that He is God. I have a testimony to show that in all impossible circumstances, God had led me through victoriously when I leaned on Him.

Through God all things are possible. What really helped me through these circumstances was thanking God for what I do have. I always tried to stay positive.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


It was not easy to get to this point in my life. Many struggles I've had in my walk with Christ early on were painful. I often rejected his help and was disobedient thinking I'll solve my problems my way. Unfortunately, doing things my way always ended up in a bigger mess than if I had relied on God.

Heavenly Father, thank you for walking with me during those tough times in my life. Thank you for teaching me to rely on you. Your goodness is far richer than anything I can do on my own. You make the impossible - possible!

In Jesus'name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...