Thursday, February 07, 2019

Beautiful Sillouette


Scripture of the day
Psalms 143:10 - Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.

Traversing through life can be difficult. Many times we second guess our moves wondering if we made the right decision. 

I've taken many twists and turns in my life that put me in the wrong place - only because I was selfish and chose my own path. But when we reflect on our own life, it is important to differentiate the difficult times into our choices vs God's will.

Allowing the Holy Spirit to guide our lives is a sure way to step in the right direction. But sometimes God will need to bring us through difficult times so that he can refine our character and we then walk closer with Him.

Some may ask, "Why would I want to follow God only for Him to put me through tough times?" When God puts us through tough times, He is always with us. And it's always for the better.

God will only give us what we can handle. But through each tough time, He builds our faith and character. The key is to allow God to work in our lives and mold us. The more we resist, the more painful and longer the process will take.

Obedience is vitally important when following God. The natural tendency is when things get tough, to take the reins from God and figure things out on our own. That most definitely is a recipe for disaster. 

Because God sees all and wants the very best for us, why not let him lead the way. His ways are for good. He will not abandoned us in our times of need. We need to trust Him and we will see the goodness He has for our lives.

Heavenly Father, I pray for your Holy Spirit to guide my life. May I be obedient in your direction. May I trust in your ways even if they don't make sense to me. Give me the strength to carry on when times are tough. Thank you for refining my life so that my light may shine.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...