Thursday, February 28, 2019

Catholic Ukrainian Rural Church


Verse of the day
Luke 16:10 - If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

When I worked as a manager in retail, training was crucial to have things done right. You also had to be aware of the employee's progress and skillset. I had to ask myself, could this employee handle the tasks I was giving and could they be trusted to get the job done.

As we walk with Jesus, God monitors how we are doing, what we can handle and what we can be trusted with. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He examines our faith and our faithfulness.

When we walk with God and are faithful in the small things, then larger opportunities will appear. This is how we grow as Christians. God needs to know we can be trusted to handle greater responsibility before He gives it to us. And sometimes, in our minds, we think we can do a lot more than we actually can.

God knows our minds and hearts. We may not get what we want because He knows we can't be trusted with such a responsibility. It is for our own good and aligns with God's will.

As a parent, we do the same thing with our children. We give them what we can entrust them with. Giving them too much responsibility can crush them, giving them too little can underdevelop their potential in adulthood.

The key to all of this is monitoring what is going on. How great it is that our Lord watches over us, giving us what we need. He provides opportunities of faith to see how we will handle situations. Will we panic and crumble or stand strong in the face of life's many obstacles. Will we rely on God's wisdom or our own strength.

The next time we face a struggle, crisis or tragedy, God is right there watching us with an open hand. Will we reach out to Him or let our problems take over our lives. As we trust more and more, his blessings become greater and greater.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for watching over me. Every time I stumble you are there to help me. I want my faith to grow and ask you to help me in all parts of my life. Help me to overcome any sin in my life, any mountains I need to climb or any vast valleys I need to cross.

In Jesus' name,


Amen.


Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...