Thursday, December 27, 2018

Prairie Frost


Scripture of the day
Colossians 1:16 - for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

This Christmas we travelled to Manitoba from Alberta for Christmas. One way is 1,273 kms. It's a long trek but you see a lot of beauty along the way. It doesn't hurt that I have a little bit of an explorer in me.


What always amazes me is to see God's beauty in His creation. It surrounds us everywhere (from the deer in our valley back home to the brisk winter frost in Manitoba).

What I've learned in God's word is that it is not only me who enjoys His creation. It's God himself. "Everything was created through him and for him." Yes, this universe and everything created in it was made for him.

God has an agenda and wants his people to love him and give him thanks for all the provision and beauty he has created. Even in the Heavens the angels praise God for his creation on earth.

Psalm 29:9 - The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth and strips the forests bare, and in his temple all cry, “Glory!”

Wherever we go today or whatever we see, may we be reminded of who our Creator is and to give thanks and praise for all he has given us to enjoy.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...