Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Buck at Augustana


Scripture of the day
Ecclesiastes 4:9‭-‬10 - Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.

The last two years of my life have been the hardest years of my life. It's been a constant battle. A battle, that if I was alone, I would surely fail. 

It all started with having to put our dog down for multiple health reasons, then becoming ill and not being able to work, losing my employment because of the illness, being in the middle of a violent storm with my daughter mere feet away from her being seriously injured or death, to a car accident with a concussion, to a wisdom tooth being pulled and ended up with a painful dry socket and lock jaw, to finally being healthy enough to work but cannot find employment (and yes I've applied to a lot of minimum wage jobs too). Combine all this with some personal family issues that now both my wife and I live with a broken heart. I'm sure I'm missing more, but you get the point.

However, with all that has happened, I try everyday to live with joy and peace and perservere through it all. Some days are easier than others but nonetheless I believe better days are ahead.

The only way I could have made it through these storms in my life are from two things: my personal relationship with Jesus and my loving wife who also loves the Lord.

I can attest that it is very much true when the Bible states, "If one person falls, the other can reach out and help."

I have fallen many times in the past, with my wife always there reaching out to help me. She has been a rock in these storms in my life. Without her, I would be in trouble.

Two is better than one and God new this from the very beginning when He created Eve. God called her a 'helper' (Genesis 2:18).

Also when we find a spouse who loves the Lord, it really doesn't get much better than that. When times are tough, my wife and I can lift each other up. 

We can both pray to the Lord knowing He hears our prayers and He's right there with us. Having someone with you to pray with you is worth more than I could ever want. 

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22)

Thank you Lord for my wife who has been so much more than a helper but also a treasure. She has lifted me up and sustained me when I have been down. She holds my hand as we look up to you for wisdom, provisions, peace and strength. You have not failed us and have been with us every step of our lives. Your blessings are endless! 

Thank you Lord!

In Jesus name,

Amen.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...