Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas!


Scripture of the Day
Isaiah 9:6 - For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

God's beauty surrounds us. I guess that's why I love taking pictures so much. It doesn't seem to ever take long to stumble upon something so beautiful it can take your breath away.

However, no matter how beautiful the photos are, they pale in comparison to being in that moment.

One of the best moments of my life, was seeing my children born. It's a miracle to witness and marks the beginning of their journey on earth.

I can't help but wonder this Christmas what it was like to witness the newborn child given to us by the almighty God. This child was given to us out of love. A Savior for the world. One who would take away our sins.

We are not worthy of such a gift, but God loved us so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

I can only imagine what Mary and Joseph felt as they gazed at their newborn child. It would have been feelings of unimaginable love and joy.

This love and joy was shared by many such as the wisemen who brought gifts and the shepherds who came to witness and share how the angels (the armies of heaven) we're praising God in celebration.

May the joy of the Lord fill you this Christmas season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

Encourage One Another

  Verse of the day Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. ~ Proverbs12:25 I'd be lying if I said I didn...